GP Acting Up. Water Weight and High BP. Worry?

Kris4444

I've been struggling lately. Hospitalized twice in the last month. Lots of left sided pain which gets worse after eating. I'm only eating soft foods but even that is aggravating my condition. I've lost 22 pounds. I'm on Domperidone for the second time. Last time I had to stop due to prolonged QTs.

This weekend my husband and I found ourselves with no kids. We ate out Friday and Saturday. Sushi the first day with some rice, I kept the quantity small. Saturday I had baked tilapia and a cup of soup, cup of mashed potatoes and a small side of whipped sweet potatoes. All soft and maybe a 1/4 of what I used to be able to eat. I had a lot of pain but what really shocked me this morning was when I weighed myself. I gained 11 pounds over the weekend!! I know it's from the sodium, my face is puffy, hands too. Worse yet, my blood pressure this morning was 169/105 yet my heart rate was in the 50's.

I have a host of other medical issues, dysautonomia being one. I'm kind of freaking out over the swelling, weight gain and bp. Does anyone else experience this? Thanks.

Well I don't have all the answers but I go through phases like  that where I put on weight very rapidly. Some is water weight and my GI Dr said that my metabolism is probably the culprit for the rest, due to the Gastroparesis of course. 

I do get wonky bp and hr during these times but I tend to get high and then drop low. I also cannot eat much and keep it down, hence my feeding tube. Your meal sounds lime a feast to me lol! ?I would just say try as hard as you can to find ways to get the nutrition in if you can. 

Sometimes it's feast or famine with GP, I hope you will be able to find enjoyment in food again at some point.

My heart rate used to do that some of the time, but with the pacemaker i have now I no longer go below 60. A relief because a hr in the 40s, as you know, feels terrible.

Hope you find something helpful soon, I know how stressful it is with the constant worry of wether yuri getting in enough calories. GP kind of turns the joy of eating sour...