Any research out there about pregnancy induced pots?

Stephanieann

I developed high blood pressure with my first pregnancy.  I now know it's because I had pots.  I may have had it (or had some signs of Dysautonomia) prior to my pregnancy but the monitoring of my blood pressure was a measured problem.  I wasn't diagnosed until years later (at least 10). With my second baby my blood pressure wasn't high but there was some blood pressure issue when I gave birth.  Suddenly my room was full or people -I thought I was dying or passing out- something really wrong.  It was 16 years ago so I don't have medical records etc. to help.

If you are expecting now please know I had two pregnancies and two healthy children-. It's empowering to have a diagnosis.  I can't think about it two much but had I been diagnosed k think things would have been better for me.  Best wishes.

I also had pregnancy induced POTS and it was undiagnosed until 3-4 months after my child was born.  For me it also resulted in blood pressure problems.  I also think that having a diagnosis would have made it easier, as I was untreated, and the symptoms were severe.  As far as why pregnancy causes POTS for some people I am not aware of a definite explanation.  Oddly for some women, POTS improves with pregnancy.