Tricare military insurance / also trying to get SSDI

Roxy

I am trying to find anyone else out there that has been able to get Tricare to cover specialty care (Mayo, Cleveland, Vandy) how you did it or if you are having the same issues I am. I am also trying to see if anyone knows how to get SSDI approved, on year 5 fighting with them, what codes doctors might use that would help. I have POTS, NCS, Cluster headaches, asthma, stomach dumping, gerd, pituitary lesion, adrenal gland mass, esophageal spasms, low vit. D, arthritis, psoriasis, reynauds,gi issues, major allergies ( meds, insects, environmental, materials...) many more issues. I am on 21 meds plus all the dme items. All my doctors say it is not possible for me to work, just daily living is an issue, thank goodness for a understanding and much overworked husband who helps a lot. 

Hi Roxy,  So sorry you have so many issues to deal with; best wishes to you, and for finding the needed help.  I'm sorry that I don't have any experience with that, to be able to offer any suggestions.   However, just wanted to mention to anyone out there (this is probably not your situation), but you cannot apply for work-related SSI if you have not worked for the last five out of 10 years.  Even though I was ill, I had on my own taken a few years off to care for my elderly parents, and by the time I could go back to work, was feeling too poorly, but it was too late to even apply for Disability.  So to anyone out there, please watch your dates carefully if you need to, unfortunately, leave the workforce .  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KiminOrlando

I had to get an attorney for the SSDI. My attorney told me there is a clock running on these types of claims and once it is up, you are no longer eligible. I believe she told me 5 years was the magic number. For your sake, I hope I am wrong. Most attorneys take the case on a contingency basis and collect a percentage of what you collect, plus expenses. I had to take my case to a hearing before it was granted. It took 3 1/2 years with an attorney. Best money I ever spent, and my private disability insurance ended up footing the bill. Our types of disabilities are too complicated for them to be summarily approved. You have to fight with skilled fighters. My attorney filled out ALL paperwork. I did nothing on my own. They wanted to control the entire process just because it was a complicated diagnosis. 

Let me know if you want the name of the firm I used. I believe they are national, or at least in multiple states.

I wish you luck and speed.

Thank you, I have awesome lawyers, we are getting ready to go for another hearing, keep fingers crossed and say prayers. Don't think we will have an answer for some months, but I can hope. We are having to break each diagnosis down into its individual components... Syncope, dizziness, blood pressure, heart issues, gi issues, instead of just postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome...and then explain in very detailed notes how it impacts my life and possible work. (for every diagnosis I have). Tell me all of my doctors are happy about doing this (using the medical codes and write ups). Hope anyone else that is applying for SSDI have a much easier time.