Ritilan for fatigue and brain fog?

Kaitlyn

My neuro just prescribed Ritalin and I am wondering if anyone else is or has taken it for fatigue and brain fog and what your experience was with it.

I don't mean to whine ... just tired of meds and yet I want to feel better and be more functional. She started with a very lose dose (5mg /day for the first month and told me to watch symptoms and effects very closely. I am very sensitive to meds. I don't even do any caffeine. I know that's different yet still a stimulant. Also, I know Ritilan is an ADHD med and it is being used off label in this case. Who cares right? For some reason I do. Maybe I am just feeling weary at the moment. Tomorrow is a new day ...

I take Vyvanse for ADHD (similar to Ritalin, but longer lasting).  It does help with the fatigue and brain fog, for a few hours.  It doesn't take it away, but it helps.  I'm very sensitive to meds too, but would never go without Vyvanse.  Vyvanse gives me the only somewhat usable hours I get in a day.  

I tried Adderall to combat the POTS fatigue. I did not get any benefit from it but also had no side effects either.  It's not unusual for POTS docs to prescribe ADHD drugs for this even though it is off label. If you search the different drug names here on the forum,  you should find old threads talking about older members experiences with these meds.