Too Much Blood Flow To Brain?

Evergreen

Is POTS too much blood flow to the brain or not enough? My cardiologist said it seems I may have too much blood flow to the brain but I thought POTS was not enough blood flow to the brain? My doctors still have no clue what's causing all my symptoms but I really feel like there is excess fluid in my head. I don't know if it's a CSF leak, sinus problems, ear problems or just excess blood. A lot of people describe their POTS as light headed and say the blood pools in their legs but I really feel heavy headed (although I do get lightheaded too). My biggest symptoms currently are head pressure and fatigue constantly. 24/7. I've got more symptoms than I could possibly list but those two are my biggest obstacles daily. None of my doctors seem to be as concerned about finding the source of the problem. I just wish I could get some answers.

I feel like I have too much of something in my head. I just had a TTT that also measured cerebral blood flow. My flow reduced by 4% during the tilt, but I don't know if that is significant or not.

But, very often, I feel like my head is just "full". I have low aldosterone, which makes me lose fluid, and I've always wondered if possibly too much fluid in the head makes my brain sensor think that I have too much fluid pressure, so it is trying to get rid of fluid. Of course, I think too much!

I have a head pressure feeling too. In the beginning in the morning my eyes would be red and crusty , ears felt funny, it felt as though my whole head was heavy and full of fluid. This has improved somewhat over the years, no fatigue with this though, I always felt revved up and wired. I was unable to sleep.

One thing I read in a POTS study was that the blood vessels have a problem with keeping constricted when they are supposed to, I've had times where I feel too much blood is going to my brain, other times to little, I think it probably has more to do with the heart not reacting appropriately and blood vessels not acting appropriately, at any given moment rather than it be specifically too much or too little of one or the other.