Visual Changes

Debbie Rose

For years when I am tired my vision gets fuzzy and I have always thought it is fatigue related

Has anyone else experienced visual changes?

I had an MRI done a week ago because my headaches were every day. And I had had an MRI 6 years ago that showed abnormalities.

This MRI showed the same abnormality but also noted bilateral optic nerve atrophy!!

I am freaking out (for a little while) and now need to see what a neuro opthamologist has to say (I saw one 4 years ago when they thought I had MS) I will go back to the one I saw then since she will have info to compare with

Still upset and I know all I can do is find out the cause-hope its a stoppable cause, and go from there.

I get the vision fuzzyness pretty often, almost daily at some point or another, like when it gets late or after doing something more visually demanding like when I drive for more than an hour. I also have many migraine problems, but my eyes and vision are fine, I think for me it has to do with my brains visual processing, and when my POTS symptoms are worse, my visions usually worse.

Dear Dizzy and States,

Thanks for your imput, I will be seing my eye doctor tomorrow and then a neuro ophthalmologist on the 21st

I have only fuzzy and rarely double vision so far

Thanks again

Debbie

I think it is nothing extraordinary. Many of us are permanently in a fight-or-flight mode. I believe it is because our autonomic nervous system (ANS) do not constrict our blood vessels as it should. Therefore the body has to work hard to keep functioning, often releasing adrenaline or noradrenaline. That process can cause many kinds of "strange" symptoms. Many beta-blockers strongly block the catecholamines' effect. But I am not an expert, so can be mistaken.

So I went to my eye doctor and he said my optic nerves were fine as was my glaucoma pressures (common cause of optic nerve changes). He did note that I have small optic nerves and that may have been the issue.

But thanks for all your imputs- I needed to hear that others get fuzzy vision too

Debbie