Ectopic Beats Lead To Panic Attack Tonight At Football Match :(

joshrandall

Hey so, I was pretty high up at the football match tonight, and I had one beer at half time going back up the stairs, I felt slight dizziness and heart pausing and thudding, had to take my pulse and it felt thin, then at times felt like it completely stopped so I crapped myself and wanted to leave, bit overwhelming people shouting and standing up from sitting down I couldnt watch match anyway. Anyway safe to say very embarrassing and I am hopefully ok now Im home, but saddened by this episode. I also want to post this picture as I never had this before till after I get symptoms and its not after ive been sat on my hand or anything I just seem to get this in general, i was told by a doctor this is adrenalin which I dont believe, and another just completely overlooked it, i think it has something to do with circulation or blood volume.

http://tinypic.com/r/dvk3sj/9

Hi Josh,

I'm sorry your outing to the game went poorly. I know it stinks.

I can say, that as time has passed, these episodes where my heart gets weird have caused me less concern and anxiety. So, with a little deep, slow breathing and a sit down, I can usually get through it and stay at my event (although I usually have to remain sitting for the balance of the event until I am leaving.)

The mottled look on your hands is something I experience daily. My cardiologist, neurologist, and geneticist have all told me that this is from blood pooling in my hands similar to the pooling that happens in my feet and legs. It's not dangerous in and of itself but is an indication that my blood isn't moving through my body as it should be.

Take care,

Katie

Hi Josh,

I'm sorry your outing to the game went poorly. I know it stinks.

I can say, that as time has passed, these episodes where my heart gets weird have caused me less concern and anxiety. So, with a little deep, slow breathing and a sit down, I can usually get through it and stay at my event (although I usually have to remain sitting for the balance of the event until I am leaving.)

The mottled look on your hands is something I experience daily. My cardiologist, neurologist, and geneticist have all told me that this is from blood pooling in my hands similar to the pooling that happens in my feet and legs. It's not dangerous in and of itself but is an indication that my blood isn't moving through my body as it should be.

Take care,

Katie

hey katie, yeh it *****, i am hoping to get a diagnosis but being labelled with the anxiety sign atm, I knew that my hands was something like that because ive never had it before i started getting these symptoms, sad that doctors cant recognize these things. I dont know if im a borderline case or what have you but if i over eat or go upstairs or something my heart tends to skip beats and i feel abit dizzy, not alot i dont pass out, i dont think but it induces panic. So but obviously i am showing signs of dysautonomia, my hr will get to 140 for a good 20 minutes if i over eat and that does make me dizzy boat rocking sensation, walking around it is usually over 100 slightly 105-110, but if i stand still it usually jumps from around 70 -100 then drops back down a few minutes after to around 80-90.

I am somehow going to try to convince a cardiologist to give me a tilt test but i wonder if it is going to be an accurate measuring scope for my autonomic as that aspect of the symptoms doesn't seem to be too prevalent

its the skipped beats that scare me and the thin pulse, but mainly the skipped beats, i mean if i take my pulse i literally feel the gap, and i think that cant be good maybe now is the time its going to completely stop or go into vt or pvt or something.

Hi,

I understand your pain and have also skipped events because of dysautonomia. My cardiologist also said the strange colour of the hands is because of the blood not going where it should. And that's because we have problems. I understand you are anxious about them. There is nothing wrong about it, because the symptoms can be very unpleasant and sometimes even frightening. It might be difficult to do but I would personally suggest to focus a little bit less on how your pulse feel. I believe constant worrying about symptoms can only be bad. Dysautonomia is a life-limiting not life-threatening illness so the possibilities you mentioned in the last sentence are extremely unlikely to occur.

Wow thanks for posting the picture, this happens all the time to me, I just never asked or thought too much about it. My cardiologist said I a heart healthy and probably have pots but no tilt test and no real plan, so currently looking into find a Dr who is a little more familiar and who treats POTS patients... I have had to miss out on events due to feeling anxious and worried about my pulse or tummy issues...it a challenge but eventually we will learn on this journey how to get thru it all better. This website is so helpful even if it is to know others understand what you feel and experience.

I had the colors in my hands years before symptoms even started. Recently, however the hands and feet overheat and burn. I have issues with NHL games. It passed for a while then came back. I cant look up. I gotta stay calm and balanced. Hard to explain.

Good luck man, stay focused and positive..

thanks for the replies all. Good to know I have further evidence pointing towards dysautonomia that my family or doctors dont really believe. I noticed when I was in hospital they put me on a stress test, for 12 minutes, walking and walking fast towards the end 200 bpm, was my heart rate by the end of it, apparently thats fine lol. After I finished It, I had the same feeling burning in arms, hands red raw tingling had to sit down dizzy and sickly and then ike a delayed on set of sweating after.