My Symptoms Are Back....

kellygirl

Well here goes...

My doc readjusted my thyroid meds on wednesday. My TSH level was 16.5 so he increased my synthroid from 88mg to 125mg and my heart rate took a nose dive. This morning it was 65. Realistically, for a "normal" person a heart rate of 65 is good, but with us Potsies, and me in particular who normally runs is the 90s.... I am feeling awful. I am dizzy, short of breath, feel like my body weighs a ton, I am drooling, my eyes and nose just pouring with secretions. Today is one of those days where I tell myself... this is how it is... just go with it, but today is also one of those days where I am frustrated and ready to scream and cry, but God forbid I should EMOTE lest it throw my autonomic nervous system into a tailspin.

Days like today I feel like I AM A WALKING AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE! I FEEL ALLERGIC TO MYSELF!

I would gladly keep my heart rate in the 90s and 100s... my body has adapted to that, not to this.

Sorry... I needed to vent with people who understand my frustration.

I hear ya Kelly, I wish I Had some words of wisdom but I can only commiserate. I couldn't function at a HR of a 150 but now I'm struggling at times with a HR a 90.

I wish you a happy medium and that you feel better :) Sorry I can't write more today I've now got an upper resp. infection that is brutal.

Sarah

Sending thoughts your way

I know I've been into er for low hr. 50s sitting up feeling like junk... Er staff confused... Not sure what to do when it's low but doc says..hey you're not tachy

Isn't that great? Um yeah.sure doc. I find that same feeling after iv fluids as well... Where you tell your body this is good for us don't freak out. Normally I have a better few days 24 hours post fluids.

I understand. I am switching dosage on my thyroid meds from 100 to 112(three days a week), and I could not handle the heat at all yesterday, which makes my limbs swell and in turn, makes me even more lightheaded. I wonder why your heart rate went down? Under normal circumstances, a higher dose of thyroid meds would cause an increase in heart rate. I KNOW we never have our bodies do anything the normal way though!! I hope it levels out soon!

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the support. I tried to go out today, earlier this morning before it got hot, but my mood was horrible. I started menstrual bleeding (early) on the day I increased the synthroid dose, so those hormones in combination with the thyroid hormone have basically thrown me into feeling very very bad. It has been hard. Crying jags all morning, fits of rage, not feeling right in my body, my body itches, especially my scalp (it feels like it is suffocating). Just a weird sense of self... all perceptions are off. And the sweating!!!! Isn't the sweating supposed to stop when thyroid levels decrease!!! I mean ***! Any way my heart rate is back up to 91 just from sheer agitation.... I am happy my heart rate is up, just praying it is high enough for me to take a sleeping pill tonight when I go to bed because if I go another night not sleeping like I did last night, I fear my mouth may start running on the doctor. Seriously feel like I am coming unhinged. I HATE feeling this inner misery. All of my good coping skills are failing me and I just feel desperate today. All I can do is hunker down and pray!

I hope everyone else who is having a tough time right now finds some moments of relief throughout the day.

God Bless!

" God forbid I should EMOTE lest it throw my autonomic nervous system into a tailspin"

I know this feeling. Its like we dont even have the right to feel angry, sad, anything We just have to carry on like zombies, never allowing our emotions to spike. It tough on those difficult days where all we want to do is cry like a baby and scream how its not fair. I hope you move past this period soon and begin to feel better

xxx

Sending virtual hugs. Seems we are both struggling today. I just want to get outside and enjoy one of our last 70+ degree days. I hate winter and every nice day lately I've been flaring. We will get through this. Feel free to pm me whenever you need to vent. I don't have the ability to not emote . Just how I'm wired. Take care.