Venlafaxine ???'s

schristensen28

I was diagnosed with Orthostaic Intolerance/POTS in 2012. After trying Florinef I was put on Venlafaxine for migraines. Turned out that Venlafaxine was a miracle drug for me. I came off of the Florinef and only used Venlafaxine until this past July. I had to discontinue due to a gap in insurance. I got insurance back pretty quickly, but my prescription had run out in the meantime. My doctor is making me do a tilt table prior to prescribing the meds again. I came off of Venlafaxine pretty carefully so these are not withdraw symptoms. My last dose was 37.5mg on July 14th. My tilt table is finally this Wednesday, but I am getting really bad, barely eating, stomach pains, lightheaded/dizzy, tired, and lots more. My question is this: has anyone stopped Venlafaxine and then gone back on? How long before it was effective? I have 8 kids to take care of so I am so scared right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Sara how did the tests go?

If I am not mistake that med is commonly used for depression and pain, but there is research that finds it helpful with the lower chemicals in our bodies-serotonin, nor-epinephrine and the like . These SSRI's take up to 6 weeks to fully get back into your system from my experience-I am on paxil, welbutrin (and trazadone) and at one time Cymbalta so it can take a while for full effects but for most people (and me) I noticed some benefits the first week. It was good you came off slowly-best ways to do it, hope your doctors came up with a game plan for you.

Hope this was helpful

Debbie