"ecodrink" Is Working For Me

masumeh

Hi,

It's been a very long time since I posted here, so apologies for that.

I recently found a drink that works to help me with my POTS symptoms, and I'd like to share it with anybody else who is sick of Gatorade or can't tolerate the sugar (even in G2). The new drink is called "EcoDrink". It contains electrolytes, minerals and vitamins but no sugar. You buy it in the form of little individual powder packets that you mix with a pitcher of water and drink over the course of the day.

This drink helped me a lot because I cannot tolerate sugar (due to seizures) and I'm tired of having to manipulate myself so much with what I eat, adding salt, etc. to keep more of the water I drink in my system (I have polyuria and cannot tolerate florinef/fludrocortisol). Before I discovered this drink, I was constantly battling with fluid intake and salt intake issues. It's helping me with vitamins and minerals too, which is great. I've been taking it for more than a month and haven't seen any negative side effects (and I usually get all the possible negative side effects, very sensitive to everything).

The positive effect of this drink, for me, was similar to the effects of Midodrine, without the side effects. I even felt a little goose bumpy...my brain fog decreased, memory/recall issues improved markedly, energy up. I also discovered that I was vitamin D and B12 deficient around the same time, and I started supplements, which obviously also helped. I was even able to exercise and started jogging daily...something I haven't done since before my last child, four years ago.

My dad discovered this drink first. He has polyuria also, but from diabetes. It gave him a new breath of energy, and helped him hydrate safely without consuming too much sugar. Now, we're getting my mom on it, because she doesn't have any particular health problems but just feels tired and sluggish and "senior" kind of brain foggy...it's working well for her too.

They sell EcoDrink in Cosco grocery stores, but you can also order it directly to your home via Amazon. It's about $20 for a box of 30 packets (again, each packet makes several drinks, so it costs less than a dollar a day).

I can't guarantee that it would work for everybody here..but it is certainly worth a try. Believe me, I have tried many, many things without any success or with success that is unsustainable because of unwanted side effects. This drink is amazing me. I hope it works for others here too.

-Masumeh

Interesting. I did just google it, and wanted to make others aware there is no sodium in it, and sucralose. And stevia, but I like that ;).

I recently started making my own. Found cranberry concentrate - just cranberries, no sugar, no nothing else, which is a good dose of potassium, and I add salt, stevia, water and ice. I've really enjoyed it, will soon try other flavors too!