The Joys Of Fresh Pro Biotic Kefir For Stomach Symptoms.

Mikey69

Hi All,

it's been a little while since i've posted thanks to ongoing insomnia, but i wanted to give something back to members for helping me out with my initital posts. I'm sure many of you will know about this stuff, but for those that don't it may be worthwhile giving it a go.

basically i've had 'apparent' IBS since my early teens (when my FMS first started), - i'm now 45. I say apparent, because IBS is really just a term for "we don't really know". Anyhow. I've always just put up with it until a very bad dout of IBS-D which lasted some 18 months. I was literally in agony the whole time. I though i may have cancer or something it was so bad.

It settled and i got back to living my life. I've just come through another even more severe 12 month bout, again, it was so severe everyone suspected i may have bowel cancer or something (GP, Speialists, me, etc). it was truly awful time.

I spoke with a friend who nearly died with unexplained stomach/intestinal issues which lasted four years. he recommended i try a fermented milk drink called kefir.

I went online, researched and purchased some fresh cow and goat milk kefir grains and fresh water kefir grains.

It took a couple of weeks until the grains started producing kefir.

i started drinking a small amount at first - perhaps 100mls, within four days i was a different person.

My IBS literally improved almost overnight and was totally gone by the fourth day! In addition, my bowel habits and waste (sorry) or normal for the first time in over 15 years.

Even better is that my typical CFS/FMS symptoms also subsided massively at the same time. So for the first time in over a decade i have a suprisingly little amount of aches and pains. They're still there, but nowhere near as bad.

Shame the Dysautonomia has screwed me up so much! I would be a renewed person otherwise.

It would be so easy to say perhaps all these issues rresolved themselves on their own, but i really don't believe that. It seems to coincidental that my CFS/FMS should suddenly imporve at the same time. I should perhaps point out the both my CFS and FMS are considered to be very severe.

You may want to visit the YeeMoos website, and read FAQs section for detailed info.

Anyway i hope this helps some of you :-)

Take good care,

Mike :-)

I had a pro biotic made up by my herbalist I no longer have IBS, always had stomach ache, bloating, etc after eating for as long as I can remember

I have also not had any really bad allergies this year so far, normally have reaction to pollen animals and dust mites. I usually get a lovely swollen lump under my eye, constant runny nose and asthma. I haven't use my inhalers in the last six months.

I do get migraines but not all the time, I will have one after another then they disappear for a few months.

I continue to eat fermented products daily.

Hi,

I get awful bouts of very severe migraines and also cluster (ice pick) headaches, which are unbelievably painful. I've not had a single headache on the kefir as yet. BUt we are all different. The only thing you could do is give it a try. if you are going to give it a try buy grains and ferment your own, don't buy pre-made off the shelf stuff - it's generally useless as the preservatives kill off most of the bacterias. Commcerial kefir may have up to 5 types, home fermented over 50 types - all good! It's really easy to do, there are loads of good videos on you tube. It's also very, very cheap. Once you've purchased your grains all you need is to keep buying milk.

The grains also use up much of the lactose, so it is fine for those who are lactose intolerance.

kefir has apparently been around since biblical times - it's the oldest most effective pro biotic on the planet. It was a very closely guarded secret in the Middle East, which is where it originated. There you go.... a free geeks history lesson too! :-) lol!

The water kefir makes a lovely lemonade with a small amount of lemon juice added.