Low Resting Heart Rate And Pots

m@t

Hi Chaps

Going back a year or so before all my symptoms got the better of me I had a rather low resting heart rate of 35bpm or so due to my high level of exercise.

Due to the level of fatigue I have suffered my activity has all but stopped and I have deconditioned to around 48bpm resting.

This shoots up to around 98-100bpm going from lying to standing. I have not been bought to the dysautonomia diagnosis by this route, mine was due to horners syndrome. Does my 50odd bpm jump still align with a POTS diagnosis or does it have to get well into the 100's?

It also seems to flare up every few weeks and during these times the HR rise is greater than others. Does everyone elses remain constant or fluctuate too?

Just completed a poormans TTT with these results. Not exactly a postural drop...

time position sys dia hr0m   flat     138  62  530m43 sat      135  75  611m18 stood    125  78 1001m45 stood    127  84 1002m11 stood    140  93 1052m39 stood    155  96 1113m04 stood    151 103 1083m28 stood    149 104 1064m30 flat     165  41  565m20 flat     161  55  53

But a fairly good HR excursion. Probably explains why I feel a bit knackered just wandering about the house.

Like what katybug said, I am under the impression that there is no minimum hr level that must be reached, it is more about how much of a jump you get when you go from laying/ sitting to standing. In your case going over 50 hr increments, I believe that is consistent with POTS.