Art - My Daughter's Story (Brief)

My daughter had to be hospitalized this past year the week before Christmas due to gastroparesis caused by her Dysautonomia. At the hospital they had a teen lounge that let the kids paint, draw, just be crafty and express themselves. My daughter is very artistic and did a watercolor. The staff loved it and asked if they could take a picture of it in case they would want to use it in the future for advertising or the like. We signed some forms and didn't think anything more of it. Yesterday I received an e-mail to ask if we were still at the same address, that the hospital had indeed used her painting on a set of greeting cards and they would like to send her a pack. Needless to say, we were absolutely thrilled!! My daughter was ecstatic!! What was a very dark time in her life has now turned into a positive thing. Sometimes it's nice to hear positive things about people on this very long journey that we are all on. Hope this encourages all of the artists out there to keep drawing, painting, crafting, etc. It's good for the mind and soul.

That's fabulous! Congrats to her! I do believe in the ripple effect. That is...her beautiful drawing one day brought joy to the staff....which brought joy to others....which will bring joy to all they send them to....and so on and so on. Very similar to what GJenson said....joy begets joy. Congratulations again. S

How wonderful and inspiring. You must be so proud of your daughter. Thanks for sharing !

Thanks so much for your kind words! We are so proud of her! She told her PCP when she was there yesterday and you could see the joy on his face, too. Of course the grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc. all want to know how to get more. It's nice to get good news sometimes, isn't it?! I'll see if I can figure out how to upload a picture (I'm sort of electronically challenged :D)

Lovely dizzy girls, a lil something positive. Good for her.