Gp Is Leaving Practice, New Doctor "fun"

Becia

Today I went for a pretty successful visit with my general practitioner, who has been the most instrumental in managing my POTS in my team, I also found out today, homeboy is moving to Tennessee. I'm crushed, because he has been so good with me, and has been the only local doctor willing to deal with me with my conditions (pots and eds) for general stuff (like antibiotics for strep) to managing my IV hydration therapy to keep my blood volume up and constant.

I hate looking for a new general doctor, but after this guy has step up to the plate in my therapy and daily living needs, I'm terrified. I require some pain medication to manage my joints and eds pain, and the incoming replacement is not keen on dispensing pain medication. I've seen one of the nurse practitioners for antibiotics before, she felt fairly confident with treating me because my doctor took really good notes, but I'm not sure how she feels on long term help. And I'm also afraid that my IV therapy will cease.

I'm hoping for a good transition, even in the eye of all this bad. I'm being referred to a pain management doctor, and if they will take over my pain meds, maybe I can make the new doctor work. My cardio wishes I would lose my PICC line and IV therapy in place for a pacemaker, but until he fixes my low volume better, I'm sticking with it. It's one therapy that has worked so well for me, I truly am scared of falling back behind. I can tell a big difference when I end up missing a treatment or two. Until we started the every other day, I had been in the hospital every couple months for major IV treatments...I haven't been hospitalized since before my nursing home stay in September.

Good thoughts appreciated, ive got one month until he leaves and my case is transferred, I'm gonna try and stick it out, but if the new doctor isn't bringing new ideas/willing to work with me on what helps... Gonna be in the new doctor business. Not fun, but gotta do what I gotta do.

Also being referred to Ohio State to see a neurologist. My neuro ended up returning home to take care of his ailing parents, and his office has really changed. I'm hoping this neuro will help me manage my seizures, my migraines, and my outgoing gp is hoping this guy might have some ideas on my POTS to help as well. It's not all a cardio issue, like the first neuro I saw kept saying. And these are not all just pseudo seizures either, I have had a positive eeg, and with my history of no sleep in the past three weeks, it's becoming a recipe for disaster. I apparently didn't know who my friends were a few days ago, or where I was...not a fun thing,

Other than my 150 heart rate postponing my surgery from last week until July (got pushed back to the main or again, my body just isn't handling a thing right), I'm good, I'm wishing I could go ride rollercoasters with the youth group at cedar point next week, and wishing I could go hiking, but right now, I'll take a nice stroll in my electric chair around downtown, making jewelry to sell at some craft fairs and online, and working on my stories and poetry (actually getting published for a local thing, but am looking at self publishing a book soon). Trying to find the little things happy, trying to allow myself to rest and keep my symptoms down, and keep going forward.

I'm at the best I can be right now. And I'm trying to be okay with that.