Question For The Ladies Of The Forum (Tmi For The Men)

does anyone else Dysautonomia effect their cycle? I bleed every single day. Not much but it's every day. I attribute it to the dysautonima because anytime my body is feeling extra week, I bleed more (like right after or not long after doing something that my body feels is strenuous.

Thanks in advance!

Pam

I don't know if this is an answer for you but I will give you what I have.

I used to be a long distance runner and into weights. I had kids and then became a yoga instructor. I had always been regular. Somewhere along the line when my POTS symptoms had become terrible, I began to bleed more often until it became all day every day. They I became rail thin and stuck in bed. I was "young" so to speak so it was hard to convince anyone that I had a real problem. Medications made me swell and get hives. My only option was to ablate my uterus and look of endometriosis. When they went in they found endometriosis lining bits and parts of my abdomen. I was happy to have my uterus ablated! I was done having kids so this was a no brainer for me. It took care of things before I needed to have any hormone creating structures removed etc... this just got rid of the bleeding an anemia but not the POTS per se...though I did feel better having my blood stay in my body.

If you strain and bleed...then this might be worth perusing as indicated in my personal experience.

It may not be dysautonomia related. I had a problem with this (non-stop bleeding) for awhile, it turned out to be due to huge ovarian cysts causing it, in my case. The cysts didn't cause any pain. I went on bcps for awhile and it seemed to resolve the problem.

I am not aware of dysautonomia causing irregular bleeding. Many of us do feel worse at certain times in our cycle, and anemia does typically make POTS symptoms more severe.

I don't know if this is an answer for you but I will give you what I have.

I used to be a long distance runner and into weights. I had kids and then became a yoga instructor. I had always been regular. Somewhere along the line when my POTS symptoms had become terrible, I began to bleed more often until it became all day every day. They I became rail thin and stuck in bed. I was "young" so to speak so it was hard to convince anyone that I had a real problem. Medications made me swell and get hives. My only option was to ablate my uterus and look of endometriosis. When they went in they found endometriosis lining bits and parts of my abdomen. I was happy to have my uterus ablated! I was done having kids so this was a no brainer for me. It took care of things before I needed to have any hormone creating structures removed etc... this just got rid of the bleeding an anemia but not the POTS per se...though I did feel better having my blood stay in my body.

If you strain and bleed...then this might be worth perusing as indicated in my personal experience.

Thanks for the info Sunshinegirl. I had an ablasion close to 10 years ago. I did just have an US of my abdomen but maybe I need to make a GYN appointment

It may not be dysautonomia related. I had a problem with this (non-stop bleeding) for awhile, it turned out to be due to huge ovarian cysts causing it, in my case. The cysts didn't cause any pain. I went on bcps for awhile and it seemed to resolve the problem.

I am not aware of dysautonomia causing irregular bleeding. Many of us do feel worse at certain times in our cycle, and anemia does typically make POTS symptoms more severe.

I've dealt with the ovarian cyst before and the bleeding and did the same thing you did with the BCP. Things have just been weird ever since my first hospital stay this year. Like I mentioned the only reason I was thinking the whole autonomic thing is when I "over do it" per sey my symptoms tend to get worse and the bleeding goes right along the same pattern that all the rest does. I don't have POTS I may have primary or secondary dysautonomia. Anyways I've got to get myself back into the GYN anyways something is definitely up.

Thanks Momto!

Yeah, Id go in right away. Anytime you have this kind of bleeding whether or not you had an ablation, its worth checking out. Sometimes endometrial cells can survive an ablation and grow again. Cysts are common "leakers" of blood. That seems to make more sense to me. US are good but they don't always give the best picture.

Yeah, Id go in right away. Anytime you have this kind of bleeding whether or not you had an ablation, its worth checking out. Sometimes endometrial cells can survive an ablation and grow again. Cysts are common "leakers" of blood. That seems to make more sense to me. US are good but they don't always give the best picture.

I went in on Thursday, had a biopsy done, got put on progesterone and go in next Wed for a SIS ultra sound. So far day 3 on progesterone and bleeding has not slowed down a bit. If it doesn't I may have to call because I'm not feeling to great as it is