Zoloft & Blood Volume Pamphlet Warning

I saw a new cardiologist and he wants me to try Zoloft, "not for the antidepressant effect, but for the effect it has on neurotransmitters" (in his words). I have never tolerated antidepressants prePOTS, and not expecting to tolerate them now.

I was reading the literature that came with it, and it said, "Tell your doctor if you are dehydrated, have low blood volume or have low sodium". That sounds like they are referring to someone with Addison's disease, BUT, I'm concerned about the fact that I think I am chronically dehydrated to a point(as many of us seem to be), along with the low blood volume, which has been shown in research in patients like us.

So, my question is, did anyone here take it and have awful effects that may be related to the fluid issue? Or, does anyone have any thoughts on this? I don't know what fluid status and Zoloft have to do with each other.

Im not sure what kind of category Zoloft is, but I've been on an SSRI for years now for the same reason you mention (neurotransmitters) and it really helps me. I have tried to come off of it several times but to keep some control over my dys this is one of the meds I cannot do without. Hope this helps!