Back To Work

Krista3

I just went back to work on Monday. Yesterday I started feeling worse than on Monday and Tuesday. Today I don't feel I can get out of bed. I am staying home but I feel horrible about missing work.

I know we need to listen to our bodies and for once that's what I am trying to do. I just wish I didn't feel so guilty about it.

Sorry you are feeling so bad. I hope that you start to feel better soon and you'll be able to go back to work. It is so hard when our bodies just decide they've done enough and want a rest!!! Have you tried drinking electrolyte drinks? I find that electrolyte drinks without artificial sweeteners can help me feel slightly better when I'm in a crash.

Thank you! I have been drinking a ton of water and Gatorade in between. What kind are you drinking? I'd be interested in trying them.

Sorry you are feeling so bad. I hope that you start to feel better soon and you'll be able to go back to work. It is so hard when our bodies just decide they've done enough and want a rest!!! Have you tried drinking electrolyte drinks? I find that electrolyte drinks without artificial sweeteners can help me feel slightly better when I'm in a crash.

It's hard to find the balance. I am back to work. 4days a week in a new sit down position. My day is a day of up and downs and evals. Eval my symptoms. What do I need? More fluids? Do I need to get up and stretch or empty my bladder? I'm hot take off my sweater. I'm cold throw on the heater. Then there are times like last week. Where I had to just say I need to go home and lay down and press my reset button. Hormones to blame for that day.I appear fine. My coworkers know me from before my dysautonomia days and it's hard for them to see me differently. I've gotten better with stating how I'm feeling without giving a playbyplay. I hope you find balance and understanding. Feel better

Thank you for sharing! I'm dealing with the same issues. This is all still so new to me. Monday starts off as "okay" and as the week goes on it gets harder. I'm going to keep pushing through. Try at least :)

It's hard to find the balance. I am back to work. 4days a week in a new sit down position. My day is a day of up and downs and evals. Eval my symptoms. What do I need? More fluids? Do I need to get up and stretch or empty my bladder? I'm hot take off my sweater. I'm cold throw on the heater. Then there are times like last week. Where I had to just say I need to go home and lay down and press my reset button. Hormones to blame for that day.I appear fine. My coworkers know me from before my dysautonomia days and it's hard for them to see me differently. I've gotten better with stating how I'm feeling without giving a playbyplay. I hope you find balance and understanding. Feel better

Thank you! It's very easy to get distracted and off of the normal routine that happens to me as well when I am focused. Then I am quickly reminded by the onset of symptoms lol.

Take care and try not to dwell on your guilt. I find work to be positively stimulating but then I can forget my routine of eating, drinking, and taking supplements/medications according to schedule which in turn, impacts how I feel.

Hi,

Sorry not to reply sooner. I sometimes use electrolyte tablets called GU Brew, they are good, and I don't think they have any really bad artificial sweeteners in.

At the moment I'm using an electrolyte powder, I mix one little scoop with half orange juice half water in a bottle and it tastes fine. Also it is a much cheaper way of doing things than the electrolyte tablets. I got it a bodybuilding/healthfood type shop.