For Those On Midodrine...

TaraMc9

Are you finding that it's become increasingly harder to obtain? I was taking the Global brand after the Mylan didn't work for me, but the pharmacy said that it's no longer available. They switched me to Sandoz, but my blood pressure has been fluctuating between really low & really high since starting it. After doing some research, I asked if they could order the Apotex brand & was told that's not available either. I'm going to try the Midodrine from Upshire. Does anyone have experience with this particular brand? I am beyond frustrated. Thanks!!

There was a past thread about this - http://forums.dinet.org/index.php?/topic/26340-midodrine-backordered/

Also, Lauren Stiles (of Dysautonomia International) looked into the problem and posted an update on the facebook POTS group recently. I believe she found that the one prominent manufacturer had stopped producing or run out and it caused an overall shortage. She was not able to find a link between the problem and the ongoing FDS approval process for Midodrine. If I can find that post, I will reply again.

Just wanted to add that I talked to one of my pharmacists the other day and asked about getting back on the Upsher brand but he claimed that he couldn't get any other brand other than Mylan currently.