Advice After Tilt Table

won't have results until Thursday. The tech doing the test told me as soon as she elevated me my bp spiked and hr jumped over 20bpm. My hr stayed high but didn't raise above 117 and everything became normal within one minute of laying me back down. The same thing happened when she stood me up off the table.

Any ideas??? Please, I'm behind ready for answers! I'm nervous that something happened but I may not have met criteria!

Hi,

I know it can be really really hard to wait for the results, when I had my testing done I had to wait three months! But hang in there, you'll get your results tomorrow! Even if you didn't meet the criteria during this tilt table test I don't think that's the end of it, I know some people have had more than one TTT. Just wait and see what happens tomorrow. I really hope that it goes well, I know the testing phase can be really difficult and I hope you find answers soon.

Best Wishes,

Lyla

I would almost say be happy to not meet the criteria, im also kind of a negative nancy today because today is a horrid day. If your normal heart rate is low 117 could be highly elevated. Mine is around 74 and I hoped to 160 during mine. But the criteria for POTS isn't a heart rate over 120. That's just a hard line cut off. 30bpm is the major cut off. But like others said you may need a second tilt table especially if you were nervous before hand since that can raise your baseline heart rate. I'm sure you'll be fine and your doctor has your best interests at heart.