Pots Alopecia And Florinef

dancer65

Like many of you here I am trying to put the puzzle together concerning my health issues, I believe you have to be your own advocate when it comes to treatment and finding the cause. I am convinced my immune problems were triggered by antibiotics and adrenal problems but also hereditary I just wondered if anyone else here has alopecia ?

I developed alopecia at the age of 12 ( now 50) which continued over a period of four months to loose all my hair everywhere, AU. It has been a rollercoaster journey but I am ok with the deal these days, at least I don't have to shave my legs :P

Since starting Florinef my eyelashes are growing back as are some of my eyebrows ( but not where I want them!). Obviously the Florinef is helping the immune system in some way I just wondered if any one else here has noticed an improvement in alopecia whilst on steroids or if they understand why ?

Thank you in advance :)

Hi Dancer65,

I'm glad that you found our forum. Reading others stories and hearing about the timeline of their events was a big help in putting some of my own pieces together.

I'm not very familiar with Florinef, wasn't on it very long, so I unfortunately cant comment on why its been so helpful for you, but hopefully some of the other members will come on by offer their insight! I just wanted say hello and welcome you to the forum!

Sarah