Don't Feel Well. Topic For Woman.

artluvr09

Last night I was so hot all night. Kept waking up. didn't sleep well at all. I felt okay when i woke up. I had breakfast two eggs with a slice of toast and some ritz. Then i got my shower. I always get a hot shower and i guess i was in t here longer than usual because the hot water ran out. Then all of a sudden now i feel like crap. really hot. cranky, shaky, heart racing and lightheaded feel like passing out.

Update: I feel much better. When I was feeling like that this morning I sat down in front of a fan and ate a couple pretzels and after the pretzels I started feeling better.

Unfortunately I get most of my POTS symptoms when my hormones are fluctuating dramatically. This can be around ovulation time and prior to the beginning of my period. I even find my salt intake can backfire around this time, because I can get adrenaline surges and the salt exacerbates it. This can leave me shaky, including insomnia and being far too hot. I have not found any one thing to make this easier than to plan for it (including lots of rest) because even though it doesn't strike with the same intensity every time, there is some predicability to it. I have tried oral contraceptives to dampen the hormonal fluctuations but it came at a price which was severe migraines.

Art,

Sorry you weren't doing the best this morning. The doc's have specifically warned me against taking a hot shower. In fact, they want me to make the water as cool as I can tolerate it without causing myself to shiver. Hot water running over your skin causes the veins near the surface of your skin vasodilate, which in turn pulls the blood away from your essentials organs like your brain. Since we (POTSIES) already struggle getting blood to our brains, hot showers make us more likely to pass out or come close to it.