What Does Hope Mean To You?

Claired

My hope is to just be happy. Everyone experiences changes in their lives. It's whether I can adapt and be happy with my changes that is important to me. I also hope that there will be meaning in this illness...I hope that it shows me how to be a better person and that my trials and challenges pave an easier road for future patients with the same issues.

When I first got sick (8+ years ago) I chose "HOPE" as the word to represent my outlook on my illness. Everything I was reading at the time did not sound good/look good as far as recovery/overcoming this illness. HOPE is that positive spark that keeps pushing me day to day, sometimes minute to minute through tough times. HOPE is that there will be good days ahead. HOPE is that I may be able to function more. HOPE is any positive change. HOPE is realizing how blessed we are even on our worst days. HOPE is realizing the day is not over, so I might stilI feel better today. I am a Christian. HOPE is that my illness may bring others to Christ. If my suffering can lead others to Christ, it is all worth it because I know how this story will end. I will be healed one day!!! Either on this Earth or when I reach Heaven. HOPE is crossing that finish line and being healed.

I came across this definition recently...."absolute certainty mingled with anticipation is the definition of HOPE in the Bible." -Adrian Rogers.

Hope for me isn't so different from love. Each moment of shared understanding, a smile with a family member, a laugh with a friend, a prayer for someone loved but far away. I don't know if things will ever get better, but it's the connection, the love that seems to hold everything together even then. The feeling of being part of something bigger somehow, the strength that comes from believing that one isn't alone, that one can be understood, and that one still has something to give back.
Sometimes I can't find that hope, at all. Sometimes, I find the faith to believe that the love is still there even when everyone and everything seems to have been lost. But I think that's what hope has come to mean to me.
Thank you so much for all of your definitions…they simultaneously brought a tear to my eye and smile to my face :)

Hope for me means acceptance, the ability to find inner peace with what and who I am. It helps me to stay positive despite the challenges life throws at me and finding the best solution to still be able to enjoy and embrace friends, family and the good things in my life. It helps me to take each day as a new challenge