Low Bp When Laying...

dizzyallie

Hi guys, I'm curious, do others Bp drop when they lay. I can be 110 standing then lay and it goes into 90s. When in hospital they kept checking it and scratching their heads. Any ideas???

Wow that is low katie far out. Yes I shouldn't be surprised then I guess. Bp seems to do what it wants. In the 60s I cant imagine how awful that would be felt.

Yeah, it was awful. But luckily, I was in my immunologist office when we got that reading. He actually thought his bp monitor was broken and took it 3 times before he believed it. I was so sick that I dragged myself to my appointment that day in hopes he would do something to help me. My pain levels were also terrible. Believe it or not, a course of prednisone is what got me back to just my "normal" state of bad. Apparently, my bp issues are somehow tied to my inflammatory issues, we just don't know what the link is.

Wow, good thing u were with a doc, and really the best place and time for him to see it. That's interesting,maybe related to inflammation? Prednisone can be handy from what I've heard.

My bp usually drops while lying down or reclining all i have to do most of the time is setup. Very sickly strange feeling when my bp gets to low. Before i got my diagnosis I didn't think i was long for this world. I have come to terms with it most of the time and try not to get so distressed over it. Doc says it normal with my condition.

R76carson,

That was the worst before I started get diagnosed properly.....thinking, "Oh my gosh! I'm laying here on my bathroom floor dying and these doctors are blowing me off!"

I'm so glad my survival instinct is stronger than their ignorance and I didn't quit until I had some answers (and confirmed I was not, in fact, dying. Yay!)

I don't think it is unusual to have low BP while lying down and sleeping at night. I had a vascular surgeon attempt to place a graft/fistula in my arm (like dialysis) for plasma exchanges and he tried multiple times but, it kept clotting off. Finally, we found the answer when my vital signs were taken in the middle of the night and I was running systolic BP's consistently below 80. Grafts and fistulas cannot be sustained unless BP is greater than 100.

Mine always runs 80's, 90's when lying down. This has been all of my life. I finally bought an adjustable bed where the legs can be elevated and do this in the morning for a half hour before getting up. Helps with tachycardia when you get up.

Yeah its obviously not that unusual then. Those beds would be great Dawn! just what you need. I was made to think it was very unusual. But no, it isnt.

My BP goes low when I lay down, but not always. I have pulled a 80/59, usually things are slightly spinning when I have those numbers. Even on Midodrine it was low, 100/60 laying down. My normal is 90/60.

I had a out patient surgery back in the 1990's where my blood pressure dropped very low. I had just woke and they were getting me up and I fell to the floor, the doctors were yelling and I started convulsing. I have never been so cold in my life. Something was jabbed into me and I swear I heard the numbers 40/20 or something ridiculous. I don't remember much after that until the next day. It wasn't in my chart either. I had another surgery in 2005 and was so dizzy I had to hang onto the bed.

I guess I should quit having surgeries...

Di