It Was Worth A Shot...

Becia

Don't know what you can handle until you try, right? I sat through 2-1/2 bands of a 10 band concert. Passed out. Twisted my knee trying to not come out of my wheelchair (one of the youth kids was helping me, and we hit a hole neither of us could see in a puddle of water, and I nearly landed on the sidewalk). Passed out. Currently struggling with a heart rate of 170 sitting.

But I tried it. I love hanging with the youth kids from church, and how I can be a support for them, even like this. My POA is with us, and noticed I had some of my seizure mannerisms, so they have been checking on me to make sure I'm alright.

But I tried.

I did, and where I was sitting when I moved to the quiet areas, they had it playing on the TV on there, so I still got to see some of it, in a protected environment. Had a couple friends sit with me for a bit too, especially when the last band had their pyro going off (it was Skillet for the closer, a good band, but a very loud band). The pyro pops sent my body into one of its tense moments, where I'm seized up, aware, but can't move, like my body is just having a hissy fit. Thankful the POA was there, he made sure the people around me didn't freak, and got me calmed back down.He also pushed me across the way back to the bus, because I could hardly sit up in my chair (another thing I'm noticing lately, I lack strength to sit up for long, my body is so loose right now that I seemingly fall over, or can't hold my head up, so I look like a weird question mark after sitting too long).

We couldn't get the bus started, the battery was dead, so there was some drama getting in (wheelchair, needed to use the lift on the bus, it since they couldn't work that manually, I crawled up the stairs and they helped me to my seat), but once we got it all done, it was good. Laughed all the way home.