How Do You Get Your Doctor To Try Something New?

I saw my POTS doctor once, a year ago, but don't have any other appointments to see him as he has like a 14 month waiting list. I do get to speak to one of the nurses every six months though.

I got started on a medication for my POTS early this year, and although it does help a little, I'm still not able to do 'normal' things without feeling really bad. I know some people have tried more than one medication and I wondered how you got your doctor to try new things, I get to speak to the nurse in a few weeks and would love any tips.

I'm still young and I so much want to be able to do things and get a job so I can support myself. But at the moment I'm not well enough.

I do lots of research. When I find something that I think might be useful, I dig even harder to find research that supports my cause. Our cardiologist likes to see research from well know medical researchers and hospitals. Vanderbilt research ranks high with Tyler's cardiologist and so does Dr. Grubbs research.

I actually printed the What Helps list from DINET, took it to my doc and asked him if he was willing to work with it. He told hme he had a list as well and we started working from their. My doc is very willing to work with me, we respect eachother as well as eachother's point of view. We are open and honest which makes things a lot easier!