Rapid & Slow Motility

Praxxtor

Can it be possible to be both? When I have things to do (the world outside) I can have bowel movements minutes after I eat anything, even something as simple as a rice cake. I can pass many bowel movements as much as I eat all within minutes of eating. I've recorded 20 bowel movements a day. Yet when I rest at home for a few days, anything I eat seems to just stop causing a massive bulge in my abdomen, that won't budge, that feels awful until the food starts to move, which usually takes 4 hours on average. It's like, you're ****** if you do and you're ****** if you don't. My docs always recommending to eat smaller portions and more often, but this does not work in my case. I literally only eat breakfast and dinner, that's it. If I were to eat on a regular basis, I'd be toilet-bound. When I worked, I didn't eat anything for breakfast, and nothing at work (9 hour shifts) until I got back home, simply because my gastro symptoms would halt me.

Anyone else like the toilet as much as me?

Nice to know I'm not the only one. Wish it wouldn't be so chronic. As Goschi stated it, for me it is the most debilitating symptom too. I don't think there's much we can do to be fair. I always get the the statement the "digestive system is very complex" and I even had a head nurse at the clinic tell me that there really isn't anything they can do for these symptoms. When you're chronically sick for so long it becomes your normal state. Oh gosh, Katy you're so right, bowel urgency is extremely frustrating. It's sorta funny because all my major issues i.e my gut and eyes are things they can't fix, these being the ones that halt me from leading a normal life. Stay strong you lot!

Well, the why is because the gi tract is controlled by the autonomic nervous system. That doesn't make it any easier to fix. I am just finding out that I have severe food allergies. They don't express themselves like a normal food allergy with itching of the mouth /tongue/throat and swelling of the same. But the immunologist thinks that all my gi issues might be how my body expresses the allergies. I'm allergic to everything but 4 of the foods tested. I'm hoping this is a new lead for me. The immunologist actually thinks quite a few of my weird symptoms could be originating from this allergy problem. If your interested in this lin e of thought, see my current thread regarding IgE allergies and mast cells and autoimmune disease.

That's quite interesting. What 4 foods are those? Were you surprised to hear that you had severe food allergies? Like sometimes you might eat a specific food for years and never realize that it could be the cause of many symptoms or were your symptoms upon you the instant you ate? I got tested for gluten intolerance which came out negative and for the sake of experimenting, I still tried the gluten free diet but it made no difference. I've also been on the Paleo diet to no avail. I'll look into that thread of yours Katy! Thanks!