Mca And Diet

blueskies

I'm wondering what sort of diet helps people who have over active mast cells. I have followed the extremely strict RPAH eliminstion diet snd although it helps me a lot, I think it is probably too restrictive. I also feel I have developed a problem with disorded esting as a result - I now fear many foods. That doesnt mean I'm thin, I battle easy weight gain. It's more that I tend to go for the 'lazy way' of eating that still falls within the RPAH elimination diet - high in fat ( because I can eat dairy - low in veges and fruit) and. I used to eat the opposite way before I started on this diet. I have the flushing, abdominal pain etc. But I do not have diarrhea which seems to be most common - I have severe constipation problems instead. Constipation was not something I had to worry about much prior to starting the above mentioned diet. I was pretty regular back then. Any info about diets and links to easy to understand info on diet would be greatly apppreciated.

I know i would have a better diet if I could manage better in the kitchen - all that standing up leads to brain fog and dizziness, and then I find myself accidently cutting myself or banging my head on the sharp corners of cupboard doors and also burning myself.

Hi again

I just wanted to sad thst I have started bsck on h1 and h2 antihistamines because my symptoms have gotten much worse and the diet I am following does not seem to be having the same impact as it used to. I am slso going to retrial gastrocrom again - the first time period that took it I did not really think it helped me but now I look back and wonder. The second time I got increased activation of migraine but this may well have been a coincidence .

Thank you

Blue

Hi corrina,

Yep, the combo is helping. My face is less swollen and red - I notice that a couple of hours before my next dosage is due that the swelling and redness return. I still have the signs of erythromelalgia - burning skin and feeling way too hot. I've done quite a bit of reading on the combo over the past few days and it seems that some people need to take larger dosages to gain good effects but this is something I will need to talk to my allergist about - I never raise dosages of anything until I talk to the relevant doctor first. I had never read that before. No article that I have read by a doctor suggests raising the 'usual' dosage. I am on what seems to be the most common. Zyrtec 10mgs twice a day. Ranitidine 150mgs twice a day.

the downside to the combo is that, within 2 days my constipation problem has gotten worse. But, knock on wood, the almost constant abdominal pain seems to have eased off.

Thank you,

Blue