Increasing Feeling Of Pressure Underneath Ribs

And sometimes right around my back. It feels like my insides are trying to push through my rib cage in a thick band like pattern.

It's now worse when lying down or when sitting. Standing will relieve the discomfort for the most part but, obviously, standing up continuously is out of the question.

I first noticed this last year but lately it seems to be a more continuous problem. No doc, neither my GP or my gastroentologist, have offered up any explanation. The best I've got is 'abdominal pain is common in POTS.' TO which I think, 'duh'. I've had 9 plus years of different types of abdominal pain.

Does anyone else get this sort of pain?

Blue

Yes Blue. I know EXACTLY what you are speaking of. I, though, have had a couple abdominal surgeries (appendix and gall bladder). I finally,, one day, felt a lump right near one of my laparoscopic incision scars right under my rib cage and right in the center. My surgeon said he thinks it is a small hernia. Then, my regular gp said he doesn't think it is a hernia but just scar tissue. When I had lost weight from my consistent nausea, alot of that pressure dissipated. It drove me nuts before, especially when sitting up (like trying to drive). I still catch myself, sometimes, holding my arm over that area without even thinking about it. I hope you feel better!