Brain Fog

Hello -
I have POTs syndrome (that is most likely autoimmune). I recently started IVIG treatments, and am also starting saline IV treatments at my home through a home health aid. One of my worst symptoms has been brain fog, confusion, and extreme disorientation. Has anyone found anything that has helped with this? My doctor says I have extremely severe hypovolemia.
I have only had POTS for year, but seem to have a very bad case, and am having no luck with medications or other types of treatments so far.
Thank you!

If you are hypovolemic the IV saline should help. I found that playing brain games daily for at least 20 minutes helps a lot. There is a website which you have to pay for called lumosity.com that is specifically designed to help with cognitive function. I did use it for a year and it was helpful. I can't afford it now so I have found free apps on my phone that are similar lime majong (for matching), crosswords, word search puzzles, even games like candy crush that make you find matches and change the goal of each screen can help. If I skip a few days of these "mind games" I can tell in my cognitive function. It may be frustrating at first but if you stick to these games each day you will see a positive progression over time.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Have you tried any prescriptions to help with the brain fog? My son takes Zoloft and this helps him. This medication was prescribed by a neurologist. If you have not been seen by one, they can be helpful in this area if they understand POTS. My son is also recieving IVIG treatment because his POTS is an autoimmune condition.