Going Off Florinef

So,

My potassium was 3 the other week, depsite being on 50meq supplements on .1mg florinef.

I decided to try come off it by a quarter of a pill, its day 3 I feel lightheaded and nauseas. So maybe I do need the full dose!

Argh! Potassium isnt always 3 its usually 3.5 on .1mg, but my diet has been bad so maybe I need to increase diet potassium and should be ok!

What types of food do you normally eat?

If you don't have the energy to cook, there are a few easy grab and go type foods that are good sources: 1/2 cup dried apricots 755 mg, 1 cup yogurt 579 mg, banana 422 mg, 1 oz (roughly a handful) almonds 200 mg. Milk and orange juice are great too. If you can cook, beans and potatoes are great.

My grandfather used to have low potassium (no idea why) and they gave him prescription potassium supplements that were a powder and it was mixed with orange juice and drunk. Maybe they can give you a good supplement if you can't get you potassium levels up and you need the florinef.