Clonidine If I Don't Have High Blood Pressure?

Raisin

Sorry Blue...that nothing seems to work for you, and you too, Rachel, being so young...I had them pre-menopausal, but not now. Sometimes I have headaches at the base of my skull, but I lived with headaches with high blood pressure for years, so I guess my pain threshold is high. My friend was able to get her life back, when they started doing the injections at the base of her skull and found out she was also hyperthyroid, and started treating that, and many of her symptoms improved. She also has a chiari malformation, which is why they think she is epileptic. She has a horrible binocular defect, as well, which keeps her from driving. It became worse as she became older, as well. I used to give her rides to choir when she lived in Huntsville, AL. We still correspond frequently. I talked with her this morning. She has so many issues with her diagnoses, that I believe she has dysautonomia, too, but is being treated with many of the same medications that we are, so I suppose that diagnosis isn't as important to her. She also had a bowel obstruction that lead her to surgery, probably because of the opiates she was on at the time or gastroparesis or both?!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim, regarding the bowel obstruction your friend had, I came pretty close also until my doctor started me on miralax. Sometimes if that doesn't work I buy the little glass bottle of magnesium citrate. Two bottles will do the trick.

thanks for sharing her story. She's been through a lot also. I was checked for a chiari..how was she checked for overactivethyroid" be?

Hang in there Sarah! Goodness gracious. It sounds like you are having quite a time there. Glad to hear your spirits are still up. I am glad you sought more assistance. Prayers to you!

From me also, Sarah.

I think typos are allowed hear. I hope so. My m key and h key is sticking. Then half of the time, I am only half here. Couple that with being a poor at typing, then not being particularly intelligent . . . I can make a mess. LOL.

Hang in there Sarah. We're rooting for you. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sorry you had to be admitted to the hospital,Sarah. Healing prayers!! Yes, when I look at all my friend has been through, I pale in comparison! I don't know what they checked for her thyroid problems, but she definitely has the bulging eyes. I'm surprised they didn't check her sooner, though...I hope the fluids help with your migraine!

Hello!

thanks for checking in, Raisin.. Hope you and everyone else are doing well.. Thanks for the prayers, belle,blue, achel

I'm in the process of going off of midodrine.. I feel awful. It made such a huge difference in the way I felt, but it's been recently thrown out there more seriously that it could be possibly causing my seizures. None of my doctors have seen a case like this before (I'd be so rich if I had a $1 for every time I've heard that), but it's a strong suspicion, especially for the two doctors who put me on it to begin with. Who knows, I'm disgusted and frustrated today. It's all very confusing to me.

Going off the midrodine has caused my migraines to get so much worse, which is strange considering one of the main side effects of it is migraine headaches. It's also caused my heart rate to go 20-30 points higher..

I am packing and getting ready for the next admission Monday morning, trying to find whatever is left in me to keep pushing forward.

Take really good care of yourself. Hope you are having a good day!

Sara

Hang in there. Hope your doctors can get to the bottom of your problem. Post when you can.