Patient's Interview With Dr. Blair P. Grubb On Pots Subtype

Hi,

I just watched this Blair Grubb interview about hyperadrenergic pots and mca and was confused about one thing he said.

I wasn't the only one: one commentor was confused about the same thing too:

In her words:

I'm confused . First of all says a group have hyperadrenergic pots and that they have typically high blood pressures and then states a subgroup of the hyperadrenergic group have mast cell disorders with typically low blood pressures . . . . .

Hopefully the link will work. I'd appreciate opinions.

blue

The young girl that interviewed Dr Grubb, for her school project, is a good friend of our family.She lives in our area.she is the one that encouraged me to seek out dr grubb.i meant this wonderful patient of pots 4 years ago.it was hard for me to follow the video also.sorry I'm no help.she is a servre patient.has had implant put in chest so dr grubb can follow her closely.

I have always had the impression that the 2nd subgroup he refers to, hyperandrenergic mca, still has inappropriate adrenaline reactions/surges but because of the mast cell degranulations, they tend to have episodes of plummeting bp. For example, I will have an adrenaline surge but then almost immediately have a mast cell reaction. This drives my bp down because of the mast cell degranulation. For me, the adrenaline surges seem to set off the mast cell issues.