Misc. Arrhrythmias

gjensen

I am trying to get a feel for how common it is for us to have numerous arrhythmias.

I recently got my hands on an earlier report from wearing a heart monitor. I received the results from my latest today.

Some of these arrhythmias are common in healthy people so I am not making a lot of many of them. What I thought was interesting was the qty. and frequency. Maybe that is normal to.

Sinus Tachycrdia (of course) - highest captured was 184, but there was many over 170. The highest ever captured off of the monitor was 220.

Sinus Arythmia

SV Triplet - several

SVT - A couple lasting a couple minutes 150-174 I am glad to know what these spells are. I have had more than a few rounds of this, but this was the first time it was captured. Now I know what it feels like and it is no fun.

Sinus Tachycardia Arythmia - several

Paraoxysmal Atrial Tachycardia - 4?

SV couplet - a few

Atrial Tachycardia - 1

Pauses - a few lasting 2.5 seconds, mostly at night when I am asleep. One in the day that I must have felt, because I hit the symptom button. Looks like it is more common with a low HR.

Sinus Bradychardia (Looks like my HR gets pretty low at night)

PACs - frequent

PVCs - frequent

greetings,

the arrhythmias are a constant challenge for me; over the past few years my arrhythmias have worsened.

my last holter (24 HR) showed it all: PVCs, PACs, SVT the PVCs come fast and frequently (bigeminy)...

alternating tachy & brady--along with the pauses... cannot remember but yes 2.0 seconds sounds right

nocturnal brady: low 30's. -- also had low 30's mid day.

my issues have worsened over the past few weeks considerably. so next month we will place an implantable recorder:

called the linq. my EP says it is small and easy to insert. in the interim, EP also asked me to purchase a device

(called alivecor) for my iPhone. will allow me to record and transmit EKGs. fingers crossed--the device should arrive tomorrow.

i have been uber symptomatic of late--so willing to try it all.

with healthful wishes.

cordelia

My heart monitor (an event monitor) showed the definite sinus tachycardia, plus some PVCs. I was told they were "nothing to worry about", but I've been getting these weird occasional feelings of my heart beating in my throat. I've been told this is called palpitation. Is this anything like what you've experienced? It's frustrating that I never actually had it caught on the heart monitor (they didn't start until afterwards), but I also only had an event monitor, not a 24 hr. holter monitor. I kind of wish we could do a holter study for me, but they probably wouldn't show up on the days I had it... ;)

I also have the pvc's and Pac's which are very evident to me when they happen and they also seem to come and go. After wearing a monitor for 30 days, the autonomic doc showed me the reports which were about the width of a Bible. I was a bit embarrassed and just sheepishly smiled and said ' so sorry' and then laughed which made him laugh.

Cordelia, thank you for sharing that? Has anyone mentioned any possible treatments? I am going to look into alivecor. I think the SVTs are those that bother the most. They can get very intense.

I can feel other things going on before they hit. It is as if they are secondary to something else. I feel my PVCs, but not in my heart. It is as if something is triggering them.

I wish you well with this and would like to know how this goes for you. I have had some relief this week. Knock n wood. Just some occasional minot stuff.

Anabanana, I feel my PVCs near my lower esophagus. It is the vein there that throbs, but I cannot remember the name of it at the moment. I do not know what the connection is. Often, I will get this feeling before a run of SVT. I kept the monitor on for 30 days, and the length of time is helpful in capturing things that we experience, but not every day.

Raisin, I was surprised by the size of my report as well. Initially, I was hitting the symptom button when I felt things. I quit a quarter of the way through it, because there was no reason at that point. It was too frequent. I am always feeling something. The auto capture function did the rest.

Yes GJensen...I got trigger happy. I didn't care because I wanted them to see so badly that I could feel all of this stuff.

LOL. They tell you to hit when you have a symptom. Be careful what you ask for. . . . .

Yes GJensen...I got trigger happy. I didn't care because I wanted them to see so badly that I could feel all of this stuff.

LOL. They tell you to hit when you have a symptom. Be careful what you ask for. . . . .

Hahaha! Right on!