Diastolic Rises In Flares?

Machair

Diastolic Readings Standing  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been flaring very badly recently, and have noticed that my diastolic blood pressure rises a lot and has on occasions reached 90 with the systolic being more unstable- sometimes as low as 111 making a low pulse pressure on standing.

Do you see the diastolic rising on standing and by how much?

I have noticed this happens when my pulse shoots up a lot- it is like the diastolic is rising to push the blood round.

Anyone else?

Normally I have lowish BP but in flares it can reach pre-hypertensive levels diastolically speaking.

• 8 months later...

Would like to reignite this discussion as my OI involves a strong increase in diastolic BP when standing.

Sometimes over 100 and increasing by 20 to 30.

However, my BP is always on the higher side.

Does anyone else have a resting BP around 130-40/80 then it rises 10 points or more when standing?

My levels do become closer during a period of feeling really bad with a very small pulse pressure....however at other times I will just have low BP. I am getting to the point where I can tell which is which, even though they both make me feel badly, I feel crummy in different ways.