Dental Work.

Gemma

Hello everyone.

I wanted to ask how people go thru dental work and what anesthesia is safe to use and also what antibiotics?

My gums got inflamed right where I have a crown and I had to do emergency appointment today. I havent seen my dentist in over two years, prior to my POTS, so he has no clue whats going on. He looked at my gums and said he needs to clean it under anesthesia. I said I cannot have the one with epinephrine,and he said no problem I will give you the one without epi. Well I was still so scared that it will aggravate my symptoms, especially now that my hematologist is investigating Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, so I told dentist not to give me any anesthesia and just do it without. It was painfull but I was afraid to do even the one without Epi. I remember I read some posts here that some people got their POTS after dental procedures and that scares me. I feel like my body started slowly healing, and dont want to fall back again.

So, after he cleaned my gum he asked if he could put some antibiotic in the whole. Its not injected with a needle, its just around the tooth to kill the bacteria. I allowed him and now afraid that it will rev up my symptoms. Especially I know people with MCAS have to be extra carefull with antibiotics. The one he used was tetracycline, I belive, very small dose and only around the tooth, nothing was injected with needle. Did anyone have experience with this antibiobic? And maybe knows how our body reacts to it.

So, now another problem, I scheduled appointment with him for next week for deep cleaning because my gums seem to bleed lately when I floss and I havent done teeth cleaning in like over 2 years. Now this I can not handle without anesthesia. One tooth without anesthesia was enough. So, I really need your advice on anesthesia and also on antibiotics. I think the one he offered without epinephrine was codein, but I might be wrong, i dont really remember.

Thank you all!