New Knee Issues And Ortho Visit

Ugh. Knee issues. I've had them for a while now (was told they were "growing pains", but they never really went away), but it's officially gotten serious. I fell in a class last Monday (the 7th) whilst trying to do a turn, but I figured it was just a nasty (VERY nasty) bruise and it would go away with time and rest. So I took it easy until this weekend, when I had a dance competition. I stupidly did the three minute dance as though nothing was wrong (completely ignoring the severe pain in my knee and the oncoming POTS symptoms). After forgetting to take my meds that morning, not getting enough to drink that day, and being in severe pain (that's another factor for me), it was no big surprise when I came off-stage and promptly fainted. After the trauma of falling on it, dancing on it, and possibly falling on it again/twisting it when I fainted, my knee ended up worse than it was before.

I ended up going to get an x-ray yesterday, and saw a doctor this morning to discuss it. The x-ray showed fluid in my knee, so we're being sent to an orthopedist to make sure there's no damage to any of the ligaments in my knee.

I got a certain amount of gratification out of the fact that it only took one test to find that something was wrong. I am so used to having every test come back "clear", that it was a pleasant surprise to have the very first one show an abnormality. Is this odd?

Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know about my fiasco for this past weekend. Right now I am crocheting some crutch covers.