IV saline

RaeJae

I use 3% AM and PM on the worst days, or just AM on the others. I have tried normal saline, but it does not work as well as 3% (approx 3,000 mg sodium). Before I had an order for this, the nausea medicines would not work at all. Combined with this they work a little better. The drawback is temporary weight gain (I've gained 10 pounds since Sunday because I'm in a hole right now).

I get mine through Home Health with Zofran injected into it.

Hope this helps- it has made a big difference in my life.

I also use it when I get into a real slump and cannot get out... Especially when I come down with a flu bug... I have a standing order for it from a Home infusion company.

It is such a relief to know I have this now. I used to have to fight and beg for an IV...sit in the ER for hours on end.

It makes me feel much more secure to know that it is at my disposal when I need it now. And it absolutely helps get my volume up....

Like Kitsakatsa I use Sodium chloride IV.... I need the salts in it.

I also use it when I get into a real slump and cannot get out... Especially when I come down with a flu bug... I have a standing order for it from a Home infusion company.

It is such a relief to know I have this now. I used to have to fight and beg for an IV...sit in the ER for hours on end.

It makes me feel much more secure to know that it is at my disposal when I need it now. And it absolutely helps get my volume up....

Like Kitsakatsa I use Sodium chloride IV.... I need the salts in it.

Thanks for the info. I am going on vacation but my POTS always seem to flare on vacation and so I tried it for the first time this morning. After 6 tries of trying to get the needle in, I am wondering if it was such a good idea. What symptoms improve for you when you use it?

I use it when I get into a real slump and cannot get out with drinking liquids. This usually happens when I get a virus.... and sometimes it just happens on its own, but more so the other.

The IV saline increases my volume, gets blood back up to my head... I get very dizzy, weak, and get "rushes" like I will pass out. Iv usually does the trick....

Do you actually insert the needle yourself? Thast one thing I dont do. The nurse comes and does that part... I have all the supplies so I start and stop myself at home.....

Okay, let me be more clear. I went into the clinic to have the IV inserted. ha I'm just a difficult case to start an IV on. I decide to try this because I have that weak heavy overexerted lightheaded feeling that nothing seems to help. I have overdone it lately trying to get ready for a family vacation. It is so hard to learn your limits. I manage fairly well if I modify everything I do. After reading multiple posts, I realize this is a juggling act for all of us. I was diagnosed with POTS in 1-01 by Dr. feeley at Mayo, MN. I have gotten better, mostly because I have changed my life to accomadate it. But, right now I am struggling. Don't ya just want it to go away?