Rem Sleep

imre

Sir Digby,

I can't look for it right now, but in mid-2013 we had a research paper posted on a thread regarding a sleep syndrome that they found affects POTS patients. ....the syndrome I think is called Alpha Delta sleep syndrome (or something close to that). It might be of interest to you.

Years ago, during a period when I was experiencing some symptoms of pots but just believing doctors' regular assertions that it was 'all in my head,' I went through a prolonged period of waking in the night with tachycardia. I'd come straight out of sleep, heart beating rapidly, and my response was to get out of bed and go to the kitchen and drink a glassful or more of water straight down. Sometimes I woke up when I was already out of bed heading for the kitchen. I still wonder, looking back, if then I was unconsciously treating low bp/high pr with water which raises bp. At any rate my heart would very quickly return to normal and I'd go straight back to bed and back to sleep. Strange days indeed. BTW, there was no fear involved so these were not, in any way or form, middle of the night panic attacks. I never associated it with rem sleep but I could have been waking from it. I was very fit at the time too, and my resting heart rate was athlete levels. As was something else the docs tested. One asked me is I was an athelete' I was very fit but not competitive athlete levels.

blue