Can Boys Outgrow Pots?

My son is doing much better, and I'm not sure he even has POTS anymore. His heart rate does not go up 30 beats any more, no more dizziness or lightheadedness. He was diagnosed at age 14, but it took us a couple of years to get that diagnosis. He is currently 19. He was also diagnosed with MCAS and I think the lingering symptoms are attributable to that and will probably be a life long issue. He may also be doing better due to the medications he is taking as well, finally finding the right blend...cocktail of meds..to take care of the symptoms.

Christy

My son was diagnoised when he was 11. He will be 14 the end of this month. His POTS is secondary because of an underlying medical problem. I have read some articles by Dr. Grubbs that indictates this should happen. When my son went to MAYO, they told me that he should outgrow this during the late teenage years. So I am very hopefu. However I do know that for this to happen for my son, his underlying medical problem also has to go away because it is causing his POTS.