People On Florinef

andybonse

Hey!

I am currently taking .1 mg of Florinef twice a day. I have definitely noticed that being on Florinef helps, though I really did better on .2 mg twice a day. (Lowered it to add in Midodrine, but didn't have any improvement from that, so I'm thinking I'll go back to .2 twice a day.) My standing heart-rate was definitely lower than it was before I started taking it, and I have definitely had relief from fainting. I used to faint multiple times every week, and almost faint multiple times a day. Now, I don't faint except under special circumstances (Get overheated, dehydrated, sick, etc.), and I don't almost faint quite as often. My standing heart rate went from being in the 130s to being only 100 or less. I could no longer be diagnosed as having POTS, because there wasn't an increase of >30 bpm. (Of course, once I start coming off of it, my heart-rate jumps back up again.)

I will say that the Florinef didn't do anything for my other symptoms- the brain fog, abdominal pain, migraines, etc. are all still there. In addition, it only works for me if I keep hydrated, and make sure to take my salt tablets.

Hope this was helpful!

I just started florinef a few weeks ago. I have troubles with dizziness too. I can sit up for about 30 minutes before it gets so bad I have to lay down again. I'm not able to work or care for my two year old like this and I'm searching for anything to help. I'm taking a beta blocker and midodrine already but the doctor added florinef to increase my blood pressure and blood volume. I started at .1 and it took about two weeks for my BP to start coming up. This week I just started to increase it to .2 mg and the only thing I've noticed is a bloated stomach! My heart rate is pretty much the same because of the beta blocker but I might back down if the florinef looks like it's working ok. I just hope it improves the dizziness, that's my biggest problem right now. I'm glad to hear it's helped others, I've mostly heard good things about it.

I have been on and off Florinef over the past few years. It definitely helps for me. It helps me stay hydrated more easily, and it keeps my BP up. This has reduced the brain fog and wooziness, but I still have issues with them.

The reason I have been on and off of it, is that after a year or so my body seems to over adjust and my BP becomes too high. I'm on an ACE inhibitor to keep my BP down, but it doesn't seem to be working, so I'll probably be going off Florinef again soon.

It has helped a lot for me, but eventually my body gets acclimated and I have to go off it until my body is ready for it again. Not the best cycle but it's better than nothing, and much better than Midodrine was by itself.