1St Appt With Dr. Suleman - Followup

Ctat333

Hey everyone!

Finally had my first appt today with Dr. Suleman. They took my vitals, did an EKG, and Dr. Suleman did a physical exam and took an EXTREMELY detailed history. He told me at the end of my appt that he is 99.9% certain that I have POTS and EDS (Type III). He also thinks there is a possibility that I might have MCAS as well.

They have scheduled me for a huge amount of tests on March 18-20, and my follow up with Dr. Suleman to go over test results is the afternoon of March 20th. I will let yall know what the results are.

The tests he has ordered are:

ABM

Holter

Loop - not sure if this is correct or not, but it's what is on my paperwork

Tilt C TCD/PCO2, PFO - I know what a TTT is, but not sure about the rest lol

Q-Sweat

QST

Hokanson

VNG

Echo

Stress Echo

Carotid

Venous Doppler, AAA

Gastic Empyting Study

EEG, NCV

Sleep Study

MST & PFT

He has also referred me to a geneticist.

The majority of these tests I will have to do some research on. I have heard of some of them, but definitely am not familiar with them all!

While I have suspected this for a while, it's still a lot to process. I was really hoping that he could "fix" me, if that makes sense. Help me return to normal. Now I'm resigned to the fact that this is something I will probably have to deal with for life. While not completely unexpected, it was not what I wanted or was hoping to hear.

Glad I have yall to support, encourage, and teach me through this journey.

All the best,

~ Alison ~

Yep, he does a thorough workup! I must say since I saw him around 2009, he has added alot of more testing! I have had a few of those through other doctors since, like the sleep study and gastroparesis study, but he has added a few others to his repertoire(?). It sounds like you wouldn't get a more thorough evaluation anywhere else! Please do keep us updated on all your testing results.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Hope you find some answers with him soon!