$480.67? Ssi Payments

Darlene

i received my decision letter last week. i signed on to the ssa website and it says i will receive $480.67.

thought the least amount for ssi was $721. how did they come up with $480.67? i live with a friend, my daughter lives here also. my daughter is 19 and goes to college full time, she does not work. i told ssa my friends house payment is $500 and i am suppose to pay $400 for rent and utilities. am i suppose to pay 1/2 or 1/3 of the bills to get the full amount?

I don't know about the minimum payment as 721. I have not heard that. However, if you applied and now get benefits, you may want to find out what date they determined you to be disabled. If you applied say in 2013, and the symptoms started a year earlier, and your doctor documented that, you may get retroactive benefits for the period of time you have been waitng.

Never mind, I called social security this morning. She said the amount will change after they received documentation from my room mate of how much I pay for rent, electric, gas, etc. I guess I shouldn't had worried until I had talked with social security 1st.