Midodrine-I Feel Horrible

I don't know if this is normal but I hope it goes away. I have a raging migraine and and it feels like my scalp is going to crawl off my head. Every time I bend over, I feel the feeling I would usually get right before my heart races up, but it doesn't, and then this huge chill happens instead. My standing hr has been in the 70-75 range whereas it was between 95-110. Sitting, 60-67ish whereas it used to be 80-85. In between does, and right before the next dose is due, I revert back to having a higher hr and it starts to increase again when I stand up, usually the hour before I am due for the next dose.

I feel like I have been on a roller coaster all day, and also have this weird stare-y spacey feeling. Also, really emotional which is unlike me but I guess that could just be frustration at how I feel.

If you are on this, did you have similar symptoms and if so, when did they abate?

Hi Sleepbree.! I can't really speak on the HR issue as mine seems to be better on Topral which I also take along with the Midodrine but I do have a really itchy scalp about an hour after I take one of the Midodrines. I scratch my head alot which may look funny to others but who cares what they think, right? I read one of the side effects is goosebumps which it sounds like you might be experiencing? Not sure. I get migraines also but I have gotten them since I was a teenager. Sounds like a call to your doc is in order.

I get itchy scalp with my Mido also. Migraines I've had for years, but have gotten worse lately, and one doc said it was because I was on so much Mido, but I don't think that's the case. Been trying to cut it down a bit, and still having one right now after all that. I just know halfway through the dose, I feel decent, before and after I start feeling bad again.

I had the creepy crawling feeling when I first started midodrine, but for me it has gone away completely. The migraines are more concerning, though. Are you monitoring your BP on midodrine because yours could be a little high with the side effects that you seem to be having? Hope this helps :)

Stefanie

If you are taking midodrine and you bend over, you increase the pressure in your brain - also, the pressures in your chest change as well. This results in a very full feeling in both your head and chest. You may get a rush of blood to your head and feel like your brain is going to pop right out of the top of your skull. I suspect that if you are prone to migraines, this could set one off. The chest pressure can be intense and also feel like your throat is being squeezed. - all from simply bending over. I was instructed by several physicians to not bend over or work in a bent over position. You bend down using your legs and knees while keeping your torso aligned in upright position - unfortunately, you sometimes have to bend over but, do it quickly! Also unfortunately, this goes with midodrine and dysautonomia........

How high of a dosage did your doctor start you on? That could be part of the problem. If your symptoms contiue, I would call and let the doctor know.

My son has a headache and scalp pain but it's not from the midodrine. The cardiologist took him totally off the midodrine for 6-8 weeks and tried something else to keep blood pressures up. His headache or scalp pain never did subside nor did pain levels decrease. Tyler's blood pressures would not stay up on the other medication so he had to be put back on Midodrine. He takes 40 mg three times a day but started with a dosage of .5 in the beginning.

I am on the smallest dose possible, 2.5 3x's per day. Perhaps I am just sensitive? Things seemed a little better today but then again, I wasn't working on my feet all day. The bending over tip is great, I did not know that!

With that low of a dosage, it could be that your body needs some time to adjust. If symptoms get worse, call the doctor.