Vanderbilt Study Experiences?

Tuesday

I'm considering applying for the Vanderbilt inpatient research study. I know that several people on this forum have participated, but I was hoping to get a little more information about the process.

How long did it take you to hear back once you submitted your paperwork? Do they select only certain patients? Do you have to be diagnosed specifically with POTS, or do they accept other Dysautonomia diagnoses?

If you are selected, how far in advance do you receive notice of your appointments? How long do you have to be off of your medication prior to the appointment?

What kind of information did you receive after the study? Did you find it useful? Overall, do you feel the trip was worth it?

Anything else you would like to share about your experience?

Thanks so much!

I'm in the same boat as you... I've turned in my application and have heard the doctor wants to look at my medical files as well, so I've sent those off, so hopefully I hear soon. I think the was one lady here, she applied in October, went in January.

They just asked for my medical records, so I sent them my cardio's, neuro's and general practice since those are the ones I've dealt with the most. I had all of it here from submitting it to Cleveland Clinic, so I just sent all I had. When I submitted my application, they hadn't asked for them yet, but about a week or so after.