What Causes A Sudden And Sharp Days Long Rise In Heart Rate?

lynnie22

Despite having this condition for over three years now, I am rather ignorant it seems. And my condition keeps taking these precipitous slides. In the last few days, my heart rate has gone way up, to 150 standing, despite some inderol, and 110 sitting -- everyday. It did this for only one day a couple of months ago. I hope some of you who know more can help me. Doctors thus far are unable to help. I also have had alot of pain in my upper abdomen, doctors say it's an inflammation of the cartilage tissue, but it doesn't go away and stomach pain. Don't know if anything is related.

When I was at Mayo in November they told me exercise is the key to getting better. I tried and then I got sick with what might be -- not sure -- a reemergence of CFS. The sore throat, the exhaustion makes me think so. With it my HR has gone soaring but my blood pressure remains low, making it so hard to take more beta blocker. In the evening, briefly, my bp goes soaring to highs, making it very hard to take some of the other meds you all take.

i am under enormous stress. Needing to move because of money, sick with a number of things, still working, though more of a struggle....so stress may be a part of this escalation.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Lynnie

Hi Katie, I don't think so. I was thinking, what has changed? I noticed one of my pills has two different generic companies -- in one bottle. So I thought maybe that. But I tried each of them and woke up, my HR quickly at 140-150 again today. Food is pretty much the same. It's never been this high

How are you sleeping? I know if I don't get a TON of sleep it can really effect my HR and BP.

Stress also causes a flair in my symptoms.

That said, I have lived with this for over 10 years and sometimes I have good days or weeks or even months and then can have a really bad week or a month of bad days here and there for no reason. It is good to try to find a trigger, but don't worry if you can't find one, sometimes there isn't one to find.

And one note about exercise, start really slow. REALLY S L O W. I think I could do 3 minutes at a time on my bike at first. Overdoing exercise can cause me to be quite symptomatic.

This kind of thing happens to me sometimes too, even when I seem to be doing everything right. The fact that your BP is often still low though indicates that might be the problem; if I was you I would try upping the salt a bit. Btw I get the inflamed upper body cartilage and muscle too; it coincided exactly with when I got sick. No idea what it is either.

Jan, I find, ironically that when I get TOO much sleep, my HR is very high. but I think that's because I take short acting beta blocker and then it's been TOO long since the last dosage. Maybe. But I am a restless sleeper, take stuff to help me sleep which I do think is part of the problem, although hard to stop. Thanks about the exercise warning. Too much too soon. It may be related to stress since I'm overmaxed these days. But I can't seem to figure out what creates a good or bad day or week.

Freaked, what do you mean about the low BP being part of the problem? I'm alittle afraid to take too much salt because of the high BP spurts, but I guess I have to normalize. Interesting about the cartilage inflammation with you too.

Today was slightly better. I had four hours to let the beta blocker work before standing and facing the world.