Compression Tights For Men?

blobbydodger

Hi i don't know if you are aware but i'm new here and am from the UK and male. I am researching at the moment and have found lots of useful information on here. After reading some threads on here and info around the web i was wandering can you buy compression tights for males? I haven't got a problem wearing these but i have to admit i would feel a little embarrassed doing so and worry a little about it :unsure: for example god forbid i got run over and hurt my leg and was found out to be wearing tights what would i do :o . I know that if it makes me feel better then it is something i am willing to try but i would much prefer to wear the running/athletic type tights if possible but when googling them i can't find a brand with compression ratings, does anyone know of any or can anyone give me advise regarding compression tights for men.

Thanks in advance a slightly embarrassed guy

Hi Blobbydodger! I was going to start a new thread re fashionable compression. I somehow found a website with a co. called Rejuvahealth and ordered tights for gals with great patterns. While perusing, I did see that they showed compression socks for men with a herringbone pattern. I showed my autonomic doc today my socks (white with roses) and he said that he has seen some tights for athletes that are actually a skin color. I don't know where those can be found but they must exist!

Although female, I just received some compression socks as well as compression sleeves (no feet) via Amazon made by a company called Red Lion. They have many different styles and colors. Some look like dress socks, some have fun patterns, but the ones I ordered look more like soccer/sports socks because where I live, I mostly wear sandals or tennis shoes with shorts. (I always found tights with shorts to be tacky.) They look like socks, but seem to have the pressure we need without the tights look!

Well, I do not get too excited about any of them. But know that you are not the only one. I am wearing my "panty hose".

At my age, you do not care what anyone thinks.

I am looking at alternatives, but I do not like any of them. They seam to help me though,so I will keep using them.

I've found this link for you in an old thread:

http://www.brightlifedirect.com/Mens-Brands.asp

I remember that sports tights have been discussed as well, which might be another option! If you'd like you can do a search for them by clicking on the white search button (type in sports tights or whatever you need), then click on the smaller light blue button to choose where you'd like to search (ie this forum) than click on the green search button. These buttons can be found on top of each forum page at the right. Good luck!

I found some men's stockings at Ames Walker Hosiery. They had black ones and "brief-hose". The only problem was in the summer I couldn't wear shorts and they were warm. I wore stockings for a year or so but they only helped a little and eventually I just stopped. But they're certainly worth a try. BTW I wore 20-30mm thigh or waist high.

I bought some sports tights from the company called 'skins' I phoned up their customer helpline and asked about the compression , they were helpful, they were aware people wear them for health reasons too. They said they were something like level 1 or 2 compression, whereas medical tights will be level 3 or 4. I have bought some medical tights too now, and I see that on a bad day they are more helpful than the sports tights. Your post made me laugh, at least you would provide some amusement for the paramedics who carted you off to hospital...