Palpitations

andybonse

Hi all

3 days ago I was sat and felt like a skipped beat and a feeling in my throat, then it did it again and kept doing it for 30 secs. It really terrified me so called 999 ended up I hosp but all was fine at that point.

When it was happening I got on the floor and adrenalin kicked in and everything was normal but scary.

Anyone had this?

I am terrified of having ventricular tachycardia or something now!

It pretty much just feels like a bunch of PVC's in a row. The longest run I've ever had was only 10 beats of v-tach. Scary but harmless. You could have had a run of SVT like Jennifer mentioned. I had runs of SVT pretty frequently before I had an ablation 2 years ago. It does seem similar to what you are describing.

Yes vtach feels floppy and after a second or two I feel my vision dim like I'm going to faint. But then my rhythm fixes itself and I'm fine. If my vtach lasted more than 10 seconds, I'd likely faint.

SVT feels very fast - no flip flops or palpitations. It's like a switch that is switched on going from say, 80 bpm to 160 in a second then keeps on at 160 for a while until it terminates like a switch is turned off.

I am guessing that a few spells that I have had was SVT. Did not even know what it was until a friend here mentioned it to me.

I have been laying in bed, and heart rate is normal. Then a feeling come over me and instantly my heart is racing. I have seen it at 200 like that. Then like you said, it settles on it's own. I have had them last for near 10 minutes. Then it will subside rather quickly like you mentioned. Some of them would flare back up and settle, then flare back up and settle. Not getting as high as it did at first.

They never caused me to faint, though I felt terrible. One thing that I thought was odd until I understood it, is that my BP would drop when my HR got that fast.

I do not have this as a diagnoses, so it is not "proven". All I know is that my Hr is normal one second and crazy the next.

I had them semi frequently for a bit. I have not had one in a while. I got to where I knew they were coming. I would have a feeling come over me, and often my esophagus would spasm. I still wonder what that would be, because I still get subdued versions of that sensation.

My wife said that I turned grey when they happened LOL. They scare her. The used to scare me, but all I can do is ride it out it seams. The first ones settled down before I got to the ER. They would only catch the ups and downs of the after math.

I get the flip flop feeling every day, but I have just called them palpitations. They have never lasted long, but they are uncomfortable enough to make me want to sit down.