What Caused Your Pots/autonomic Issues - Poll

andybonse

What caused your POTS/Autonomic Issues  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I have yet to find out what is causing my POTS. My symptoms first showed up around puberty and have seemed to get progressively worse (I'm 23 now). I was diagnosed with POTS in August of 2014, so I am still trying to get to the bottom of it. I have an appointment with a neurocardiologist at Emory in Atlanta in April, so I'm hoping that will shed some light on the situation.

• 11 months later...

I grew 6 inches in a summer age 9/10 - I started getting symptoms after that. I was so exhausted I'd almost pass out during class and I couldn't remember anything. Vision would black out several times a day and I didn't realize it was presyncope - I just thought that happened to people sometimes. I also have some stretchy skin and hypermobile joints, but I was never diagnosed/tested for ED.

• 2 weeks later...

My POTS slowly sneaked up on me, rather than having a definite beginning. My plasma norepinephrine is extremely high on standing, but I also have blood pooling issues. Fortunately I can hold down a full-time job (college professor), but still. It would be nice to not feel poorly most of the time. At least I can work with my feet on my desk without anyone complaining. Teaching is a problem, though, because it is customary to stand and there is not enough room to move around enough to keep the blood flow going. The other fun thing is how POTS and ADHD interact. I feel poorly, and this quickly becomes distracting because of the ADHD.

• 4 weeks later...