Systemic Burning Sensations. Trigger Point Injections?

Darlene

i was dx with pots in 2004. friday night immediately after eating i didn't feel right, i was nauseous, my heart picked up speed and i felt this burning sensation (felt like it was inside my arms and back). the burning feeling will come on all of a sudden, last 1 minute or 2 then go away, then a few minutes later i will feel the burning again. i was in the er friday night. they know about pots... thankfully. my bp was 112/32. they just gave me iv fluids. by the time i left my bp (bottom number) was up to fifty something and my heart rate was down, and i didn't feel to bad. the next day i had another episode, again yesterday and today. i have had these episodes before, but not this bad and not this frequent. i wonder if these episodes have any thing to do with the trigger point injections (steroid & lidocaine) i had about a month ago in my neck and shoulder. the next 3 or 4 days after the injections my face was redder than i have ever seen. but back to this weird feeling i get inside my body, it almost feels like someone hooked me up to an iv and sent fire through it. i hate feeling funny during the episode, scary. i haven't eaten much since friday, but have managed to drink 32 ounces of water a day. last night i woke up at 1am not feeling well, my heart felt like it was racing but when i took my pulse is was 83. my heart felt like it was beating hard. i went to the bathroom, turned on the light and looked at my eyes... my eyes were dilated, i was nauseous, felt the burning, and had diarrhea which was yellow liquid. the night before that my diarrhea was white liquid, like water. i don't mind feeling pain or nauseous, but i do not like this burning sensation and feeling funny or difficulty breathing. wish i didn't have episodes that scare me. has anyone else ever experienced the burning sensations, and if so what do you do for it?

I haven't had burning per say, but I have had what I perceived as pain in my back and arms that was from severe acid reflux that was associated with my abdominal migraines. Once we got the abdominal migraines, and, therefore the reflux and nausea under control, that back/arm pain went away. I guess it did feel a little like burning pain. I'm not suggesting you have abdominal migraine, but, could it be reflux since it sounds like you're having GI problems?

hmmm, never heard of an abdominal migraine. i do get headaches, heartburn, and diarrhea. one night my diarrhea was white (clear liquids), the next night is was yellow liquid, today its red. not sure how acid reflux can cause that weird burning sensation in my arms and back. i will look up abdominal migraine.

Sounds miserable! I'm so sorry!!

Of course I'm not Dr. but the first thing that came to my mind is that you might be fighting some sort of intestinal bug. I've had several times in my life where I had heart rate and bp changes and weird symptoms similar to what you describe--sometimes it's been at the beginning of a virus of some sort and became apparent it was such when I got worse and at other times it wasn't as obvious initially but ran it's course.

I don't know how you are but when I'm not eating or drinking enough (protein especially) then my heart rate gets much nuttier. If you think you have a virus you may not want to eat much solid food but consider a trial of Ensure clear (it's like a juice) or other similar product to get your protein. You might see if that settles the GI issues which might lessen the discomfort you feel at the same time.