Exercise And Gi Symptoms

docradmd

Has anyone had exercise reverse the gastroparesis and poor motility. These are my worst symptoms although what's interesting is that it took about 6 mo or so for them to appear. When I was first diagnosed I had little to no GI symptoms.

My wife got me a trainer to help with exercise but it seems like I overdo the exercise and it seems to flair the gut issues .

Hi,

I have very bad GI symptoms with my POTS. It took me a long time to find the right mix of cardio and strength training. Cardio can help my motility some days and make it worse others. Its taken about a year to know what days are good days to do cardio and other not so much...But on good days i do about 20-30mins of light jogging (my hr doesnt allow me to run. it gets too high). Also, I dont do any crunches. It seemed to cause more pain in my lower abdomen and colon. I do other forms of core exerisice, like planks ect.

Also If you can bring a pots overview to your trainer. It helped my first trainer (she moved) and now second trainer really understand more of what to focus on (Legs and Abs..to help my cirrculation). I also wear a HR monitor that they need an eye on while Im doing my exercises to make sure I dont get too close or reach my max HR.

Good luck!